The toy gun brand Parker brothers – Nerf provides a variety of foam-based weaponry with other sports like products. One of the most popular toys is dart guns (known as blasters). Nerf products are often designed in neon colors to make it look attractive.
What is the Nerf Gun?
The Nerf Gun is a toy gun designed and produced by the Nerf company by Parker Brothers. You can experience the excitement and performance of the Nerf brand products. The slogan for Nerf brand is – It’s Nerf or Nothin’. It allows you to have some high adrenaline rush by shooting darts bullets through the toy gun everywhere.
How to Choose a Nerf Gun?
If you are confused about choosing a Nerf gun, here is some consideration to follow for the same.
- Preferred Style: One must keep their preferred style into account. Whether you follow the commando approach (hit and run), versatile, sniper, or defensive strategy, you need to choose a Nerf gun according to your preferred style.
- Individual Specifications: There are several personal requirements that one needs to consider, like gun size, amount of ammo to carry, long-range preferences, etc.
- Choose Secondary weapons: If you are willing to carry secondary weapons, you can choose Nerf guns allowing such a feature. Few varieties of Nerf guns come up with side guns, bow & arrow, and machine guns, etc.
Types of Nerf Guns
Let’s have a look at the types of Nerf guns available out there.
It is mainline of the Blaster toy series that fire rubber-tipped foam darts. The Recon CS-6 released in 2008 included five interchangeable parts like barrel extension, dual-mode light beam, stock, and primary blaster and flipped up site.
#2. N-Strike Elite
N-Strike Elite succeeded in the N-Strike line on August 12, 2012, with an improved internal mechanism. For the U.S. models, firing distances are up to 23 m while other models have up to 15 m firing distance.
#3. N-Strike Mega
It is a line of blasters that fire red-coloured darts larger than elite darts. They can fire mega range up to 100 feet and used to be subseries of previously mentioned two series.
#4. Zombie Strike
This series is introduced in 2013 and contains blasters similar to the N-Strike Elite line. But it mostly comes up in green color and theme as weapons made up of tool shed.
Rebelle is a brand introduced back in 2013, aimed at female demographic. This series is dedicated to female preferences, designs, and pastel colors.
#6. AccuStrike Series
It is the subseries of N-Strike Elite Blaster, released back in 2017. Such series consists of darts designed for accuracy with rifling in the dart tips. The range shorter, but efficiency is better than the Elite series.
This line of series was launched in 2011 and used XLR (Extra Long Range) discs instead of foam darts. Such darts are mostly green, white or, glow in the dark discs wrapped in foam.
# 8. Nitro
Nitro is a series of blasters that fire foam cars instead of darts. Each set includes obstacles and ramps to hit and launch cars in the air, respectively.
It is a series of blasters that fire rival rounds. Such rounds are nothing but little foam balls that are more durable than other darts. These blasters hit harder than usual blasters.
#10. Alpha Strike
Alpha Strike is a series of blaster line introduced in August 2019. This series is comparatively cheaper than the N-Strike Elite series.
Nerf Blaster is the most popular Nerf product, which is plastic toy guns that shoot foam darts. Modern technology has provided us with a bunch of cool products, and toy guns are one of them. In this article today, we are going to list down the top ten Nerf guns 2020 along with their own Amazon reviews.
Things to consider while buying Nerf Guns
There are lots of factors that affect the way a Nerf Gun performs. While buying a Nerf Gun, you must keep the following points into consideration. Let’s have a look:
#1. Priming method: This factor affects how fast your gun can shoot. Nerf guns that use hammer action, bolt action, battery-powered primers, and other ways to prepare the gun for the next round of firing.
#2. Gun’s Speed: The reloading speed, gun fires, and re-firing determine the fighting style. If you use a slower shotgun, then it will avoid precise firing and could consume lots of time.
#3. Accuracy and Range: This factor is also significant while choosing a Nerf gun. To win a war, your gun needs to shot accurately in a long-range. The farther your gun can shot, the higher the chances of winning a war.
#4. Ammunition: Few Nerf guns come up with various add-ons like suction darts, foam balls, whistlers, and elite darts, etc. Each type of ammunition possesses unique properties that can affect speed, accuracy, and range.
#5. Capacity: It is essential to consider the capacity of Nerf guns while choosing the one for yourself. The bigger Nerf guns allow you to use a magazine you can refill for fast reloading.
Top Nerf Guns Reviews
1. Nerf Zombie Strike FilpFury Blaster
Price: approx USD 40
Nerf Zombie Strike FlipFurry Blaster is a double capacity magnum style blaster. It allows you to switch quickly from one barrel to the next.
It is lightweight, and you can fire twelve shots per blaster. This blaster makes it convenient to load again, and get back in the fight. Defend yourself against the zombies with this amazing blaster.
The s2 flipping drums six zombie darts and allows you to fire up to 12 darts without reloading.
2. Nerf Rival Kronos Outdoor Blaster
Price: approx USD 26.01
Nerf Rival Kronos Outdoor Blaster is equipped with a breach load blaster and can fire up to five rounds at a velocity of 27 m per second. This Nerf model is compact, convenient, and possesses tactical rail function and trigger lock.
It is advisable to not to aim directly at eyes or face for safety concerns. This blaster launches you into high-intensity action due to its compact and accurate design. It also consists of 5 rounds, two flags, and instruction.
3. Nerf Fortnite SP-L Elite Dart Blaster
Price: approx USD 25
This Nerf Model is the replica of a fantastic video game model- FORTNITE SP-L MODEL. It comes up with six official elite darts, but it is designed to fire three darts in rapid succession. This blaster is easy to load and shoot. It has an internal clip having a three dart capacity so that you can fire three darts without reloading. This model is suitable for 8+ years of age kids.
4. Nerf Zombie Strike Doominator Blaster
Price: approx USD 19.99
Nerf Zombie Strike Doominator Blaster comes up with three different positions to hold it in. You can easily switch from one drum to another, giving you 24 darts in the chamber to choose from. The barrel grip keeps you steady to move from side to side. This hardcore blaster holds six strike darts, and they rotate as you fire. You can fire up to 24 darts without the need for reloading.
5. Nerf-N-Strike Elite Rampage Blaster
Price: USD 17.59
Nerf-N-Strike Elite Rampage Blaster comes with a barrel drum that stores up to 25 darts and shoots them 75 feet through the air. It has an easy-to-pull trigger and the stock handle that helps achieve accuracy. It also gives a reservoir for darts. You can interchange darts from other blasters as well. This blaster has features that lead you to the ultimate blasting experience with fantastic performance.
Best Nerf Guns for Kids
Here is a list of some cool Nerf Guns for your kids. They have the same features. But the only difference is they are specially designed for your kids. These Nerf Guns are lightweight.
1. Thunderhawk Nerf AccuStrike Mega Toy Blaster
Price: approx $44.27
Thunderhawk Nerf AccuStrike Mega Toy Blaster has an immense size, and you get ten Accustrike Nerf Mega darts. It helps your child improve accuracy and win the battlefield. Its length is adjustable as you only need to slide the barrel to extend the distance. This model is one of the most extended Nerf gun models and provides great fun and excitement.
- It is one of the largest Nerf guns in the market.
- The length of the gun can be adjusted when you need to run.
- The length improves the child’s accuracy.
- The folding system of the blaster is not durable under rough use.
2. Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson Tough Trike
Price: approx $68
Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson Tough Trike is designed for multiplayer compatibility. It also comes up with two laser tag blasters, which can add lots of fun & excitement for your kids. The young Harley fans are going to love this model. Let’s have a quick look at its pros and cons:
- Such Nerf gun blasters facilitate multiplayer capabilities.
- The guns contain impressive vibration and sound modes.
- These guns are compatible and interchangeable.
3. Nerf Rival Artemis XVII-3000 Blue
Price: approx $69.99
Nerf Rival Artemis XVII-3000 Blue possesses a high capacity charging system. It also features a rotating barrel that allows for a quick recharge and fast fire mode. This blaster comes up with the easy-loaded integrated magazine, a trigger lock, a rotating barrel, and tactile rail as well. It can hold 30 high-impact round with fire at a velocity of 30 m per second. The pros and cons of the same are as follows.
- The slam-fire action system acts as an advantage on the battlefield.
- This Nerf gun features a high impact ammunition type.
- The rotating barrel mechanism adds up to firepower.
- This Nerf gun blaster could have been more precise.
4. Nerf Zombie Strike Dreadbolt
Price: approx $15.95
Nerf Zombie Strike Dreadbolt provides you with high firepower during the battle. It possesses superior accuracy that gives you a tactical advantage. The firing mechanism of this gun features arrows as ammunition, which can be fired at your opponents. It contains five zombie strike arrows. The dreadbolt model fires very decently and accurately.
- Its impressive arrow bow design makes it more exciting and engaging for the kids.
- It will give you superior accuracy due to its scope.
- This gun features excellent firepower.
- It takes some time to reload arrows.
5. Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Hades
Price: approx $69.99
Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Hades comes with an advanced fire mechanism and ammunition that give you a tactical advantage. This well-designed blaster possesses a high capacity charger inside the gun. It can load up to 60 rounds of foam guns with outstanding performance. Defeat your targets with this high-capacity Nerf model like a pro.
- It features incredible fire distance with up to 100 feet of fire range.
- This blaster has 60 rounds of the changer capacity with reliable performance.
- The high impact rounds empower you to conquer the battlefield.
- Some of the users complained of its massive size.
Which one is best for you?
So what is the best Nerf Gun for you out of your top review. These all are top quality nerf guns. But which one is the best? Check this gun.
1. Nerf Zombie Strike Hammershot Blaster
Price: approx USD 15.99
Nerf Zombie Strike Hammershot Blaster is a well-built blaster with five dart capacity. It has a sturdy trigger, so you don’t fire off and waste darts that won’t hit the target. This blaster is the perfect gift for boys and sidearm champions. You can double-tap your opponents with this hammershot blaster like a pro. Let’s have a look at its pros and cons.
- It is simple to reload and use.
- The sturdy trigger ensures more directional shots every time.
- It can only hold five darts.
2. Nerf Zombie Strike Brainsaw Blaster
Price: approx USD 29.99
Nerf Zombie Strike Brainsaw Blaster comes up with eight darts, four on each side to hold the top handle or barrel grip. The fantastic part is the spinning saw, which doesn’t require any battery to operate. This single-shot blaster adds a new element of fun in the battle. Its spinning foam saw blade can keep your opponents away. Here are some pros and cons of the same.
- Amazing spinning saw blade.
- The blaster holds it in a two way – top handle or barrel handle.
- It only allows for eight darts supply.
3. Nerf Doomlands “The Judge”
Price: approx USD 59.99
Nerf Doomlands “The Judge” has been given its title for a reason. It is so powerful that it isn’t suitable to play for your little ones. It is safe to use but powerful enough to handle. This only shoots in burst fire mode, but chambers are bifurcated into three slots. It’s a loner that emerges to bring justice to the doomed land. Have a look at its pros and cons.
- It has 30 darts capacity.
- This one has a burst fire mode.
- This one is very bulky to handle.
- The darts don’t go in too far, and hence it’s such a pain to reload it.
4. Nerf Modulus Tri-Strike
Price: approx USD 25.00
Nerf Modulus Tri-Strike possesses three ways to fire. One of the best parts about this is if it doesn’t require a battery to keep the battle going. The horizontal grip along the barrel provides stability and control. Therefore don’t get overwhelmed by its size. It gives you three ways to blast with three different blaster modes.
- There are three ways to get foam warfare going- standard dart, mega dart, and enormous missile-style darts.
- No battery required.
- It takes some time to reload and use.
5. Nerf-N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike
Price: approx USD 29.99
Nerf-N-Strike Elite Accustrike Raptorstrike allows you to fire from an 18 darts reservoir. This one is one of our favourites due to its power and big-bolt action foam rifle. The interesting addon is the little multiple sights along the top given to account you for the distance. It is very close to a foam sniper rifle. This lightweight rapid blaster is known for its accuracy and speed. Here are some pros and cons of the same.
- It gives 18 darts supply.
- It also comes with a convenient little sight.
- The stand slips over a coffee table or smooth surfaces
We have curated this detailed Nerf guns review in such a way that every person can find a perfect Nerf Gun for themselves. The Nerf guns, especially for kids and toddlers, are here. There are a variety of Nerf guns having immense power, capacity, accuracy, and features.
We have also mentioned some factors that one must keep in mind while buying a Nerf gun. You can also check the types of Nerf guns available out there. To conclude, Nerf guns can provide you with lots of excitement, adrenaline rush, and fun.